Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Includes Expert Content
    Cat enema
    nyne1024 posted:
    My cat just recently got an enema with no anesthesia.. he got bloody and when taken home he didn't want to move from his place.. 2 days later he does not want to eat and I have to force feed wet food.. what should I do?
    rohvannyn responded:
    Check with the vet who did it, it sounds like they could have possibly done some damage when they did the enema, such as scraping his colon. Definitely let them know about this.
    Drew Weigner, DVM, ABVP responded:
    It would help to know why your cat was constipated in the first place but if he's not eating or moving after two days, he needs to see your veterinarian right away. While it's unlikely he was physically harmed, enemas are not without their side effects, especially in cats. But it's more likely his underlying problem (like chronic dehydration due to kidney disease, for instance) is causing his symptoms.

    Drew Weigner, DVM, ABVP
    The Cat Doctor
    Board Certified in Feline Practice

    Helpful Tips

    Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
    Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    35 of 47 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    Learn more about the AVMA

    WebMD Special Sections