Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Sick Puppy middle of night
Towserdog posted:
I have a 7 month old Mastador.. I also have a 5 yr old pug and a 10 yr old Chow-rottie.My wife contracted shingles a week and a half ago... The pug then got a cough and dry heaves the chow rottie then had a bout of the vomits. They are fine now. 5 days ago the puppy started vomiting. Then black diarrhea. She was quiet for two days. She was fine yest. Today the black is back, and she threw up her kibble 7 hours after eating undigested. She is herself emotionally. But I am worried, she gets bouts of deep quick breaths. And she'll go off on her own when it hits....
Pls help

Towserdog responded:
The black poop is like soft ice cream now.. And has not stunk at all.....

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Bernadine D. Cruz, DVM, is an associate veterinarian at Laguna Hills Animal Hospital, Laguna Hills, Calif. She specializes in companion animal medicin...More

Helpful Tips

to: Msapprehension
dogs eat their poop by nature. before dogs were "pets" they were wild and ran in packs. they ate their poop everyday for two reasons: 1 - ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections