My Chihuahua holds up pee !
Paoliz posted:
Hey! I've got a female 6 years old Chihuahua who's accustomed to live inside the house and pee in the garden, she used to do this by herself or sometimes when i told her to go. We're sponsoring a dog (male Cocker) while he found a new family and his living in the garden, now my chihuahua won't go out to pee and rather hold it.

She can hold the whole day without going and I worry this probably will affect her health, I've tried carrying myself and taking her out but sometimes she just runs to a corner a doesn't pee or poops anyways! I've even tried to lock her in the bathroom and wait until she pees, but now she has learned this and hides under furniture where I can't reach her. What can I do?

rohvannyn responded:
She probably is submissive to the new dog and thinks the garden is now his territory. It could give her kidney problems to not urinate regularly, as well as other issues, so if you have no other place to let her out then it might be a good idea to put down some puppy pads in an easily cleaned spot and let her use that while you are fostering the other dog. Keep taking her outside, try to get her used to him if he's going to be there a while, and make sure you give her plenty of reassurance whenever she does something you want her to do.