Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Vectra3D is POISON to my Yorkie!
yorkiemn posted:
My groomer suggested Vectra3D and I foolishly went along with it without checking sites such as this one first. My poor little girl, a 6 year old Yorkie, has been just miserable ever since. The first night, she was totally paranoid and hid under the bed most of the evening. (She NEVER does that normally!) She has been very, very itchy and goes back and forth between my husband and I for comfort. At one point we noticed she was losing hair when we scratched her. (Yorkies do NOT shed!) We have bathed her twice since the application but intend to do so again after reading about people using DAWN dish soap. She seems to have 'hot spots' now, the most bothersome one near the base of her spine. She and I hardly slept last night - she was like a fish on the dock - flip flopping all night trying to be comfortable. If I rubbed her belly, she would loll off to sleep for a short time. She has also been very, very thirsty since the application. I will NEVER use this poison on my little sweetie again - and will talk to as many people as I can about the dangers of Vectra3D. If you are smart enough to google before applying, take the word of these many, many people and DO NOT APPLY VECTRA!

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Bernadine D. Cruz, DVM, is an associate veterinarian at Laguna Hills Animal Hospital, Laguna Hills, Calif. She specializes in companion animal medicin...More

Helpful Tips

milk in nursing dogs
My chihuahua had 6 puppies on April 22nd and now seems to be running out of milk. Two of the six are not gaining weight and will not take ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections