Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Help!
Miranda178 posted:
My 6 year old dog who has been perfectly healthy up until today with no problems started to vomit this morning. She's vomited about 7 times already that I know of and that I've seen. I don't know what to do and I'm worried about her. It was a yellowish color this morning and the last time she threw up (so far) today, at around 3pm, it was a brown color. She hasn't thrown up since (so far) but now she seem to be very lethargic. She has plenty of water and drank three time, after the first time she vomited some time later but after the other two she was just fine. She get's one meal a day at around 4pm - 4:30pm with a mint treat at around 7:30pm. We changed her food about a week or two ago but she's been fine until now and we mix her dry dog food with either canned dog food or some kind of soup or purée or else she won't eat it. We've been mixing her food with soup or purée since she was a puppy and have mixed it with dog food for about a month now. Can someone please help me?!

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM, is a small animal internal medicine consultant for Phoenix Central Laboratory, an independent veterinary diagnostic laborat...More

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections