Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Shar-pei Lethargic and Not eating
    An_252921 posted:
    Posting this for a friend.

    A few days ago the power in his area was knocked out for a few hours while he was away from home. He owns two shar peis one male one female. The female was fine but due to the male having longer fur he got more overheated and ended up with heat stroke by the time my friend arrived home.

    Said dog has been in the icu/ moved to a regular vet office a few days later and now released home today.

    He was eating fine at the vet and drinking, but now he gone back to doing neither.
    Friend already has a large vet bill form it and can't really afford to take him back in.
    Any ideas?
    He's an old dog around `10 years old so I'm wondering if he's still just off and recovering from all the stress or something.

    Helpful Tips

    How to Get Your Cat in a CarrierExpert
    Trying to get your cat in a carrier for a trip to the veterinarians or road trip can be extremely frustrating. Some how a 10# cat that ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    19 of 26 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

    Learn more about the AVMA

    WebMD Special Sections