Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Dog Depression? Please Help!
An_248984 posted:
I've recently left for college and decided to get an apartment where I could bring my dog. She is 11 years old and has lived in the same house the entire time with a yard she can run and play in, as well as other dogs. It's been three weeks since the move and she is barely eating. She eats maybe 1-2 cups a day. You can tell she has lost a lot of weight since the move as well. She drinks just fine and has a bm every day.

She has also started to bite at herself and has a couple open sores from it now. Last time I had left for college she did the biting thing and went to the vet which gave her a halo and antibiotics.

What can I do to make her adjust better and get her to eat?

She goes on walks every day and to the dog park which is more like a fenced in forest. I'm out of ideas on what to do.

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM, is a small animal internal medicine consultant for Phoenix Central Laboratory, an independent veterinary diagnostic laborat...More

Helpful Tips

Excellent website for information on parasites in dogs and catsExpert
I just conducted a seminar and hands-on demonstration on diagnosis of fecal parasites to veterinarians and technicians. An excellent ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 47 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections