Skip to content


The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Watery stool
Cloch4 posted:
Hello - I have a 7yr old mix breed (Chihuahua/Beagle) that has watery stool often. Her weight is @ 45lbs. Is it ok to give her a fiber pill similar to FiberCon to help firm it up?
Thank you.

Thank you.)
amandapanda5310 responded:
Although you could, sometimes giving dogs medicine made for humans can be risky and could make matters worse for your pet. I find that when my dogs have this problem [14 year old Chihuahua and 5 month old Brussels Griffon>, giving them home remedies can settle their stomach. I usually have them fast for 24 hours, to clear their system and then give them a strict water and rice diet for 1-3 days [depending on the severity>. If this happens to your dog often and doesn't stop after a while, I would suggest bringing them to their veterinarian because this could be a more serious problem for your dog.


Bernadine D. Cruz, DVM, is an associate veterinarian at Laguna Hills Animal Hospital, Laguna Hills, Calif. She specializes in companion animal medicin...More

Helpful Tips

Financial Help With Vet Bills
Please look into the credit plan called Care Credit. No interest payments and it is easy to quailify for. It will take the sick feeling ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections