Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Unexpected and sudden death - border collie
Mikaeela posted:
Yesterday our beloved Kota died very unexpectedly

She ate her supper as usual, we had our normal play time, he even barked like crazy from excitement of being let out to do her business at 12:45am.

We went to bed, my husband passing out while I read, and Kota was on the floor right beside me. At 1:32am our other border collie jumped up and barked at me and about 20 seconds later Kota started shaking and crying. At firs I thought she was dreaming, but the whining was too high and too much of it and it was a full body shake not just her legs.

I was on the floor with her in about half a second, damn near killing me since I just had surgery 3 days before. I tried shaking her, calling to her, anything I could think of, but after about 30 seconds the shaking stopped. By this time my husband is awake and on the floor with us doing the same thing, trying to comfort her, wake her up etc. About 10 sec after she stopped shaking she shook twice more and then she was just gone...

It's killing me not knowing what happened to her.

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Just feed them ?
I caught my dog frantically licking the floor in the middle of the night last night. I took her outside and she started eating dry leaves ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections