Dog with swollen raw feet, possible mange, & pregnant
wolfinator0 posted:
Someone dumped a puppy/dog off at my neighbor's house and they kinda took her in, but due to their income, they can't afford a vet trip. We also found out she's due any time. Her feet at extremely swollen and she walks slowly due to the pain in them, another neighbor treated her with an anti-fungal for severe hair loss, but that didn't work. Her hair seemed to grow back but then it started falling out a few days later, she also has very smelly flaky dry skin. From what she looks like, she is a Pit Bull and Boxer? mix (you can Pit in her and others have said she looks crossed with boxer). She's a very sweet girl and she gets along with all our cats. What ever she has must not be contageous since none of our cats have been affected. I read that there's a type of mange that is brought out by stress, but the raw swollen feet has got me. I'm trying to borrow money from my one son to help the neighbor take her to the vet, but he can't help until next week some time. We have no free or low cost vets, only one vet in the entire county plus they require 50% down and balance paid within 30 days.. Our shelter is over-full and that's not an option since she be put down and we all have come to lover her. She's a fantastic watch dog and she protects our cats when they go outside for play, she lays right by their enclosure the entire time they're outside. So if anyone has any suggestions as what this could be, please let me know. I'm buying her some allergy medication to see if it helps in the mean time. We all are trying to work together to see that this girl gets better.