Skip to content


The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Includes Expert Content
bulldog limping and ? in pain
jeepster2011 posted:
i have a 3 yrs old english bulldog that started limping on her right hind leg after she got off the couch. there's no sign of trauma. ? dislocation of her hip? is it just a sprain? i will absolutely take her to a vet, i just want to wait and see what happens. is there any OTC pain med that i can give her? thx
Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM responded:
Hi, Sometimes it is just a strain or sprain but yes, if it continues, guess our little lady will have to go to the vet. We get asked about pain medications on this website and you have to be very careful giving human medications to any pets. While you are waiting call your veterinarian and ask for their recommendation on pain medications to see if they alleviate the problem. The veterinary ones are so much safe. Dr. Sandy


William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections