Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
My dog will only eat puppy chow
ticker2 posted:
My boxer/bulldog just turned 1yr old and wont eat anything but purina puppy chow , I have tried her on a lot of different adult dog food and she wont touch it. How long can she continue to eat the puppy chow without it hurting her?

rohvannyn responded:
Puppy chow is higher in calories and has a different nutrient balance, but I wouldn't think it would actually hurt your dog. You would want to exercise them more to avoid too much weight gain. Also, it may be helpful to compare the label of the puppy chow your dog likes with the label of the adult dog food, so you can see the differences.

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Excellent website for information on parasites in dogs and catsExpert
I just conducted a seminar and hands-on demonstration on diagnosis of fecal parasites to veterinarians and technicians. An excellent ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections