Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Vectra reaction
lgrinaski posted:
DO NOT USE this product. My 18 week old puppy now has severe neurological problems which started 1-2 days post application. Walks in circles, bends to the right, eyes deviate to right, can't walk up/down stairs.
Company contacted, of course they deny it could be their product. Insist it must be a head injury

timbeaverdamwi responded:
So sorry to hear about your puppy. Did you try bathing in DAWN dish soap - like 3 times wash & rinse rinse rinse? May not get rid of every suymptom - but it did help some....
The stuff is TOXIC.
I just posted: Just found flea evidence on one of our Bichons. Was told by our vet that Frontline Plus is losing effectiveness so switching to Vectra 3D was necessary. We have 2 senior Bichons (12 yrs) plus one who is 14 and a puppy born in June 2013. The Puppy started acting lethargic within hours after application. The Oldest senior Bichon/Poodle mix has been neurotic & jumpy after the application. We waited overnight, to see if it got better. This proved to be a terrible error of judgement. After 2 baths with dawn dish soap, and mega rinsing . . .we continue to have to watch our little girls freak out & there is NOTHING we can do for her. Vet visit determined we could try Benadryl to settle her down...sadly this seems NOT to be helping one bit. Supposedly we could get a refund on our unused applications (we bought in to the buy 6 get a rebate deal) but the manufacturer would not refund our money for those adverse reaction doses. It is deplorable that we have to sit and watch our beloved dog try to "crawl out of their skin" from this terrible product. She even had a SEIZURE & lost her bladder control on the furniture - which is not typical for her. On a scale of 1-10 . . I rate this rate this product NEGATIVE 100,000,000!!!!!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER AGAIN TRUST THIS PRODUCT AND AM SO DISSATISFIED! IT HAS ME ANGRY BEYOND BELIEF. I would honestly prefer to pick individual fleas off the dog by the hour, than use this pathetic product.
DO NOT EVEN TRY IT ON YOUR DOG - IT IS TORTURE IN A TUBE.
The people who produce this product and their family members should all have to suffer like our poor dog......maybe then they might relize just how awful this crap is. HATE IT!!!!!!

Vecra 3D is TORTURE IN A TUBE.

lgrinaski replied to timbeaverdamwi's response:
yes he's had several baths. Poor puppy can barely stand now. Have to carry him in and out, Still tries to walk in circles, bumping into things. Will probably have to put him down this week

angie916 replied to timbeaverdamwi's response:
How long did it take before you saw any relief? My 6 mo old 5 lb Maltese is displaying these terrible symptoms nipping at tail. Almost acts lame with her back end. Applied Sun evening, gave bath mon, tues, and wed with Dawn and not seeing any improvement. Been to vet twice and they say we have to wait it out. It's so sad! She will hardly go potty outside. Praying there is no permanent damage and we can see some resolve soon. Vet is also calling company to report and inquire what else if anything can be done. Any advice is welcome! Thanks

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections