Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Includes Expert Content
Puppy injured
An_254805 posted:
Just called our dogs in for night and 15 week old lab was missing. We found him laying outside. He may have been kicked by our horses. He is weak and appears to have a sore back end but the strangest thing is his penis is sticking out all the way. Including his testicles I think. He drank a little but it really sleepy and heart racing. Shock? Internal injuries?
Thanks

AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM responded:
Sorry we missed your post but hopefully you saw your veterinarian and everything is okay. Could have been trauma like you mentioned. Horses are big and although careful, small dogs on the ground are not easy to spot. Again, I hope everything turned okay. Dr. Sandy

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Just feed them ?
I caught my dog frantically licking the floor in the middle of the night last night. I took her outside and she started eating dry leaves ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections