I started something and don't know how to stop
cindigal posted:
I have two male cats, one is orange tabby (Tiger) and a black cat (Boo) that I got when they were about 4 months. They're about 31/2 yrs now. tiger is smaller than Boo. I give them canned and dry food (indoor) because they're indoor cats. I give them one fourth of the can in the morning and if they don'' eat the rest, I don't give them anymore for the day. Boo likes the dry, he don't care for canned ..go figure. Tiger likes his canned foot and hes smaller than Boo. One thing I started in the evening is giving Temptation treats and now I don't how to wean them. At least I make them fetch them when I throw to each cat.

Boo luckily is content and he does'n't care to fetch. If he happens to get the treats, which is not much its ok. Tiger on the other hand, leaps and runs like a road runner to get them. After throwing one handful of treats, he will coming back to get more and I will tell him "no, no more" and he leave and then 30 mins later hes back. He whines and whines to get more. I hate any kind of crying or whining I feel bad and I feel so weak that I give in. What can I do to wean him. They have a box of toys and I try to distract his distraction with no avail. I live alone, no kids, well my son is an adult and whenever he came over, the cats run like rabbits. They are not sociable at all. This has been since I got them. How can 4 month cats develop anti-social tendencies toward other people. Also does the fact that they don't care for their toys is because they're anti-social..??. Any kind of advice would be greatly appreciated.

cindigal

rohvannyn responded:
I'd say hiss at him when he whines, and don't tolerate it. If you let him get away with it he will continue. As far as how kittens can be antisocial that young, I've seen it before. Some cats can be socialized, others will always be shy, just like human kids. You can help them be more social if you try them with visitors who are quiet and calm, and maybe smell like something wonderful like treats. Or perhaps try a little catnip to calm and distract them. Not liking their toys could have a number of reaons, perhaps they just don't care for that type of play. It's amazing how different kitty personalities can be!