Skip to content

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Dog Ate Heating Pad
cnafish posted:
My sister's dog ate a "Beyond BodiHeat" heat pad. Called poison control- no help w/ animals. ASPCA wants $65 for a consult, and beyondbodiheat.com just said to call poison control in case of ingestion. The dog is acting normal- no visible symptoms. If anyone has any advice on what I should do please let me know. Not sure if I should give her anything: milk/ water or induce vommiting or what. Below is the list of ingredients. The dog is a 50lb chatahola leopard dog about 2 years old. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you INGREDIENTS: Iron Powder, Water, Activated Carbon, Vermiculite, Salt, Super Absorbent Polymer, Purge, Natural Mineral Powder

4Watermonkeys responded:
There are quite a few poison control hotlines specifically for animals that do provide assistance for free (you may have to wait a few minutes for them to call you back though). Google animal poison control free and you should find a few, especially some affiliated with animal hospitals at universities.

I_love_prada responded:
toll free animal poison control center is 1-888-426-4435 in case you haven't tried that particular number.

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Excellent website for information on parasites in dogs and catsExpert
I just conducted a seminar and hands-on demonstration on diagnosis of fecal parasites to veterinarians and technicians. An excellent ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 47 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections