Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
please tell me why my puppy died?
sorryzara123 posted:
got puppy 2 and half month. It was healthy only the problem was it coughs and there is a discharge from its nose something. we to it to vet and he prescribed medicine (antibiotic and respro-p ) half a tea spoon. we gave it the medicine as prescribe by vet, but it went wild and started vomiting foam from its mouth next day in the morning. and its happens from many time with break within .. it starts again after an hour or 2... we tried to feed it water and food putting in its mouth.. there was improvement ..and then it took it to vet again during evening time. the vet, he told us its beacuse of worm in its stomach and there is gastric problem. So he gave it a deworming medicine and medicine for gastric..and coming back home it dint eat anything and couldnt even drink. ultimately it died at night ...I'm really sad what happen to my puppy but still i din't know the reason why it died.. Is it because of medicine or it has distemper as vet suggested us, that it might have distemper...and even he told me that the disease in it was stimulates
by giving medicine. I couldnt believe in believe on vet . I sometime regret i wouldn't have took it to vet... can you please tell me whats the reason behind it..

An_257041 responded:
i'm so very sorry for your loss of your precious pup.

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM, is a small animal internal medicine consultant for Phoenix Central Laboratory, an independent veterinary diagnostic laborat...More

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
Was this Helpful?
34 of 46 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections