Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

The Pet Health Community and Pet Health Center are NOT substitutes for a vet visit. Contact a vet in an emergency! | Dog Conditions A-Z | Dog Symptoms A-Z | Cat Conditions A-Z | Cat Symptoms A-Z

Remember Your Beloved Pet
Dog won't eat
An_257618 posted:
4 days ago my 9yr old lab mix threw up overnight (a lot). Since then she has not eaten and will only drink a little. She is very lethargic and I have been able to get her to eat a couple of treats out of my hand but if I put her food in my hand she will not eat it. She is up to date on all shots, an inside dog and there is another lab in the house that is not showing any signs of illness. Any help would be appreciated

rohvannyn responded:
Are there any signs of her eating something she shouldn't? Sounds like a vet consult is in order if she doesn't get better.

westcoastann responded:
I'd take her to a Vet immediately.

Featuring Experts from AMERICAN VETERINARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION

William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

How to Get Your Cat in a CarrierExpert
Trying to get your cat in a carrier for a trip to the veterinarians or road trip can be extremely frustrating. Some how a 10# cat that ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 26 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections