Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Jack Russell mix non irritated spots on belly
    firefighter2516 posted:
    I have a 3 year old Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix. About a month ago she began to develop spots on her belly/leg area. They have began to get darker over the last month. They do not seem to bother her at all and there is no sores or texture change in the spotted skin. Anybody have a clue what this could be? I have pictures but dont know if I can post them here.

firefighter2516 responded:
    It kind of looks like she's secretly a dalmation under her fur. And upon looking further these dalmation like spots cover her whole body. I don't know if its just color change or if it is an allergy or some other issue. Any help would be appreciated.

4thepets responded:
    My Jack Russell is 12 1/2 years old. He has the spots, and also has a rounded belly. Testing at the vets confirmed Cushings Disease, which he now is being treated with herbs It will be one month this coming week since this diagnosis, and he is responding positively to the herbal mixture I have come up with

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
    Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    35 of 47 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections