Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


All communities will be placed in read-only mode (you will be able to see and search for posts but not start or reply to discussions) as we conduct maintenance. We will make another announcement when posting is re-opened. Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

Includes Expert Content
My Chihuahua ate a speck of chocolate!!!!
An_254502 posted:
My 9 year old chihuahua ate a speck of chocolate off the counter. My m other told me that he might die due to him eating chocolate. Should I take him to a vet? I am super nervous any help or suggestions? Please help.
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful
Sandy Willis, DVM, DACVIM responded:
Hi, Chocolate is toxic particularly baker's chocolate. Milk chocolate has less, dark chocolate in between. You may wish to see how much your little dog ate, and of what type, and call your veterinarian for their advice, just to make sure. You can always make an appointment as well but at least call them with the information. Thanks for being so cautious. Dr. Sandy
rohvannyn responded:
Yes, chocolate is toxic. However, you say "a speck." If it's just a chocolate chip worth or less, he's not likely to have problems. Even a little dog would have to eat a couple ounces before it was seriously toxic. Individuals are different of course, but I have never heard of a dog dying from one chocolate chip. For a larger dog it could take a few pounds, and of course baker's chocolate is more toxic, as the doc says. Your vet would have more exact details.

For now, watch your pup, and if he continues acting normally, I wouldn't worry about it.


William Draper, DVM, better known as "Dr. Will," is a well-known small animal practitioner in the Atlanta, GA area. He grew up in Inglewood,...More

Helpful Tips

Helping Hospice Patients Keep Their PetsExpert
Pets are an extremely important part of our lives. And this is especially true when we are at the end of our days. What could be more ... More
Was this Helpful?
35 of 47 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Learn more about the AVMA

WebMD Special Sections