Skip to content
PCOS, Trying to get prego and Wieght
roxnl86 posted:
SO I BEEN TRYING SO BAD TO LOSE WIEGHT I AM A CURVY GIRL TOP AND BOTTOM I ALWAYS BEEN IN BETWEEN THE WIEGHT OF 160 AND 170 AND I AM 5'3 BUT SINCE I BEEN DIAGNOSE WITH THIS PCOS I AM NEAR 200 (191 TO BE EXACT) AND IT SCARED ME AND OF COURSE I WAS SAD ABOUT THIS. I TRYED EVERYTHING I CAN THINK OF TO WORK OUT. ILL LOSE IT AND EASILY GAIN IT BACK. ITS BEEN A ROUGH COUPLE MONTHS. WITH TRYING TO GET PREG. DEALING WITH WEIGHT GAIN AND LOSING IT TAKING METFORMIN IS JUST HORRIBLE I AM STILL TRYING TO GET USED TO IT. BUT I AM TRYING .... I AM GLAD TO HAVE THIS AND KNOW I AM NOT ALONE.

ashdwhill1 responded:
I too have been deal w/ weight. I am at the biggest I have ever been 226. The two weeks I have lost 4lbs then I gain it back. I try to set goals for myself but I get discourage when I don't see results. I am taking metformin XR 1500mg. I use the bathroom a lot. So not fun, I even skip it because I dread the seeing the bathroom all day long if I don't watch my carbs for that day. I know tmi, but hey we all are going thru somethings. Right now I am cramping. I am praying I am pregnant but I guarantee it is me about to come on. I know all the struggles we all face with this. So no you are not alone. Keep trying. I have my faith in God to credit also. I know without Him I would not be able to withstand any of this. Good luck here if you need me!

steveclaire83 responded:
Hello There
I'm also in the same boat. I was diagnosed 3.5 years ago with PCOS soon after going off BCP. I gained about 55lbs after stopping BCP and it's been quite a chore to lose any. I've managed to lose about 15 in a year but it's still not enough. AF came more frequently but it was still irregular.
I'm on 1500mg met and 100mg Clomid now. I am now using a weight loss website to keep track of my food intake & exercise. That seems to be the only thing that helps-when I see in writing what I'm consuming I can learn to pay closer attention.
Everything I've read & everyone I've talked to (Dr included) said the best thing is to just exercise for at least 30 mins every day.
We've been TTC for 3 years now and we are getting anxious. I don't want to have to go back to the RE-I really want to get KU on my own or just with Clomid.
My prayers are with you & *baby dust*!!!

godsgift777 replied to steveclaire83's response:
hi ladies, i was in the middle of starting metformin when my white cell count came back too high to continue, i was born that way but they wanted me to get more blood testing i couldn't afford (just lost the job etc.) The first time i started the infertility study glucose regulators were what we were given and it worked, i don't know your eating habits but mines were horrible i would be lucky to get 1 meal a day i just didn't care for food it bothered my stomach, i was told to eat 5-7 meals a day, what i found was if i eat the fruits and vegetables i would feel hungry more which means if i'm not careful i would want to eat anything, so i started keeping the all natural juices near fruit or vegetable 1 juice with the same amount of water left me full for hours enough time to plan a nutritious meal, the weight started falling off and i felt great, it's hard being us we all have to stick together to try to make due with the craziness. PRAYING FOR HEALTHY BABIES FOR ALL

red_bunnies replied to ashdwhill1's response:
when you go to the doctor do you just ask to get on metformin? im currently trying to get pregnant and i also have pcos i weigh over 300 lbs so i dont know what my first steps are for getting pregnant.

fiannakyn replied to red_bunnies's response:
yes ask about getting on met. Your doc may want to run a few blood tests to see if you might actualy have Insulin Resistance.

Also make an apointment with your gyn to discuss preconception. S/he'll be able to give you advice where to start, and probably rx you a prenatal (you can also take a OTC version)
They probably will recomend starting with losing some of the weight, dont take the advice wrong, its just been proven even losing 10 lbs regardless of how over weight you are can help. I know how hard it is, but dont give up! *I weigh 260 and have lost 10 lbs in 2 months, and still feel thats a HUGE win in my book*

What I do- write down everything I eat. even if its on a scrap of paper. I try to have at least one meatless meal a week (plan on uping that to 2 a week soon) and one fish meal a week. I always take my metformin with a glass of milk or a cup of yougert. (helps with the side effects.) I walk around my office building on every break (about a quarter mile total a day, but it keeps my legs limber, and me awake :) ) and every other day I go to the gym and spend a half hour on the bike or epilitical. 2x a week I go to a stretching class (for my legs- I have Cerebral Palsy so my muscles stiffen quickly)

what I do not do- deprive myself of sweets or treats. I allow one icecream cone a week (my super weakness) and have fallen into a ritural of getting icecream every friday with friends. I pack one sweet in my lunch bag every day (usualy a 100cal pack of something) and I do not carry change or any cash under a $10 to prevent a mid day run to the vending machine.

ashdwhill1 replied to red_bunnies's response:
I am thinking of going to see this weightloss doctor in my area. He is an MD. He goes with Adipex for weightloss it is FDA approved. Two people from my job are on it one lost 50 lbs and the other lost 100. It is expected for someone to lose 6-10lbs a month while on it. See what your doctor says. Also, I am done with the whole fertility treatments thing. I have never been on it but I am going to try to lose this weight first. I got down this summer to 221 I am also on Weightwatchers and I see where my eating habits are horrible so that helps me control too. Don't get discourged keep working at it. The weight will come off. Baby steps right! (my husband tells me that and I want to gag him because losing weight is not easy)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there, my name is Lori and I am 29. I believe in order to receive help, disclosure is important, so for a bit of background information I seem to h...More

Helpful Tips

Max Muscle Blast
If you want to boost over-all results of muscle building then using Max Muscle Blast is a better option for you. This is not only ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.