Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pcos and nuvaring
sammiexsue posted:
hi i am 23 years old, and was diagnosed with PCOS about 6 years ago. i couldnt lose weight on my own so i had gastric by pass, and ive lost about 85 lbs in 3 months, i feel great, but that leads me to my issue. I was always treated with metformin and ortho tri cyclen lo for my PCOS. when i had the surgery i found out that birth control pills dont absorb into your system anymore and become ineffective, so i have to find an alternate form of birth control. my doctor wants me to try nuvaring but i have never tried it. i would like to know if people have had any issues when it came to nuvaring and their pcos??

im kind of scared to use the nuvaring, because of the fact that i would like to start trying to concieve in the near furture, in a bout a yr or less. i need to go on birth control for a little bit, personal decision. not one i really wanted to make. im afraid that the nuvaring could mess up my body even more, n im sure the PCOS is doing enough damage. i have heard that nuvaring is a low dose birth control, is that true?? does any one have any advice for me.

Taylove11 responded:
Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with this condition. Congratulations on the weight loss, that is wonderful. I don't have any experience as far as being on nuvaring with PCOS, but I just wanted to share with you what my reproductive endocrinologist told me.

She said that it is better to be on some sort of hormonal birth control before trying to conceive with PCOS. Only because it regulates the hormones in your body, making the levels in check before trying to conceive. That way, the hormones aren't too far gone/whacky. Of couse when trying to conceive, you will need to come off of birth control and most doctors won't help unless you have been trying for 6-12 months unsuccessfully.

The ads I have seen on TV do say that nuvaring is a low dose hormonal birth control. Maybe you could talk to your doc or OB/GYN and see what they have to say about it? Another option would be to call a reproductive endocringologist and ask their opinion on it. (If you do have trouble conceiving, which I really hope that you don't, I would highly recommend seeing a RE). Or you could go online to see if they have an informational website.

I hope that this helps. Best wishes!
Taryn (22), DH (29) PCOS and MFIF. Clomid

LoveHealthyLife responded:
I have PCOS too - my blood pressure and glucose levels constantly spiked, I had a pot tummy, and my periods only came a few times.

But Glucorein... Oh my goodness, it has changed my life. My menses are now regular, my hirsutism is mild, my hair loss is GONE, and my acne has disappeared. Plus, my blood levels dropped an alarming twenty points and I lost fifty pounds! Naturally!

This has done way more than Metformin, Spiro, Yaz, or any other birth pill has ever done. Please. I'm begging you, try it. It's natural. And you can put it in your food and drinks.

I started seeing results in about one or two months. Since then, I really can't even consider myself a cyster. I sure am not a diabetic anymore.

Please, try this. My only issue is that it can only be found online and it's a bit pricey - $67.50 for thirty packs. But I'm willing to stab my wallet if I can keep my health in check.

I now have five kids. Three boys, one girl, and pregnant with another girl! They're beautiful, and I'm sure you can have four as well - even more! I'm currently pregnant with my fifth child.. And she seems healthy. I take a minimum of this during pregnancy, since I don't want to harm my child. About three packs each week.

There's hope for everything. Go to http://www.nvnutritionals.com/glucorein/ For more. It's godsent.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Watch Supercross 2014 Live Stream Online Rd 11 — Ford Field Detroit, MI (East) Date: Saturday, March 15, 2014 Main Event — 7:00PM Doors ...More

Helpful Tips

TOPIC///-Everton vs Crystal Palace Live Stream Soccer Online England – Premier League HD TV
Are You Looking for exciting soccer? Looking for awesome soccer match with HD video on your pc and related others? Don't worry. It is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.