Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good and Bad week...
Jessi10909 posted:
Well week 6 on metformin (week 2 on full dose of 2000mg) has just begun and I wound up in the doctor's office and missed 2 days of work

Good news first! In the past 5 weeks on Met + 1200 cal/day I went from 208 lbs to 193 lbs! I'm super psyched because doc said if I didn't loose "substantial" weight he was going to put me on BC and a diet pill... not good. He said today I'm "on the right track" so that's awesome, don't have to stop TTC to loose weight.

Bad news.... now I need to know if anyone has heard of this before... I was having SEVERE pain around my ovaries over the past week and it culminated yesterday while I was at work. The pain plus dizzieness/ lightheadedness caused me to pass out (one of the offenders I was instructing caught me before I hit the ground... yea I was surprised, and very grateful) Anywho, went to the doc today and he did a UA to test for urinary tract/ bladder infection which was neg, but I had a high WBC. He mentioned pelvic inflammatory diesease. After pelvic exam he said probably I ovulated (woohoo!) but releasing the egg ruptured a cyst that ruptured a blood vessel. Since I'm not loosing the blood it is between my uterus and bladder. So basically I'm just in pain till the bleeding stops. But this is all "probably" He put me on antibiotics just in case and gave me darvoset for pain. He said if the pain gets worse tomorrow to get to the office/hospital for an ultra sound to get a better idea of what's actually going on, for sure.

Anyone heard of this happening?
Dh (38) and I (24) have been TTC my 1st, his 3rd since January 2008. PCOS diagnosed March 2010, currenlty on Metformin 2000mg, Prenatal Vitamins, and 1200cal/day diet.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 30 yr old woman, that has had pcos since probly about the age of 18. I have never had a menstration on my own, and now I have gained a lot of w...More

Helpful Tips

The Metformin Manifesto
This has been floating around a PCOS forum on a different site for years. I thought it would be good to pass on here. I DID NOT WRITE IT. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.