Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
High Insulin
AyameJade posted:
Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone else whose been diagnosed with PCOS also has as high insulin as I do (70) with normal blood sugars. I have had absolutely no problems with any blood sugar test I have ever had since the PCOS diagnosis but my insulin levels will not drop with the standard diabetes drug Metformin. My endocrinologist is not sure what to do and neither do I. Any thoughts??

Jessi10909 responded:
I have PCOS and high insulin.... from what my doc said that is "normal" high insulin goes along with PCOS that's why the most common treatment (initially at least) is the anti diabetic metformin
Dh (38) and I (24) have been TTC my 1st, his 3rd since January 2008. PCOS diagnosed March 2010, currenlty on Metformin 2000mg, Prenatal Vitamins, and 1200cal/day diet.

AyameJade replied to Jessi10909's response:
But were your blood sugar readings normal? Mine are 80-120...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 23 years old. Have been married a year and a half. We have been trying to conceive for about 5 months, until finally I convinced myself I have PC...More

Helpful Tips

TOPIC///-Everton vs Crystal Palace Live Stream Soccer Online England – Premier League HD TV
Are You Looking for exciting soccer? Looking for awesome soccer match with HD video on your pc and related others? Don't worry. It is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.