Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Period starts, stops, and starts again
Denak23 posted:
Hello, I am new to this community. I am 25 years old and I was told I have PCOS by 3 docters (I wanted to be sure), just by my symptoms and of course by having irregular periods. I was told in 2007 after being on the pill since I was 15; my period came when it felt like it. For this year, 2010, I had my period every month; every 29-31 days, which was great because I know I ovulate without medications. When I do get my period it would last about 5-7 days. My period this month was late, I gotten it 45 days after my last period start date. Before it came, I spotted brown which is normal for me. Then it came fully, it was a medium flow, which lasted for about 2 days. Then my period flow got lighter and was brown by the 3rd day and then gone completely. Now its the fourth day and I had no period, but at the end of today I'm spotting red. This has never happen to me before, it never stops and comes back, I get it straight through. I do have unprotected sex every now and then, but I keep track of my ovulation (not only by calender, I also look for the sticky discharge) and I had sex days after my ovulation. Is this normal due to my body changing and me having PCOS? and also I did not cramp as much as I normally do this time.

fiannakyn responded:
I had the exact same thing happen (the random start stop wtf junk) one cycle when I was 25 too. I talked to my doc and he said I probably didnt ovulate the cycle before and there for didnt have enough progesterone and other hormones to make the shedding effectiant. the next cycle was "back to normal"

he also said it was quite common for women to experience a change in her cycle, and random weird cycles between age 25-30, and again between 35-40. Especialy PCOS women.

Denak23 replied to fiannakyn's response:
thank you, that was a great reply back.....I figured it was because I was getting older and my cycle can change

An_257980 replied to fiannakyn's response:
I'm 18 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS. When I was 14, I have recently had this happen to me. My periods only last 2 to 3 days anyway but this is the second time I've started bleeding again after intercourse...I guess I should talk to my dr?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I began menstration very early (10 years old) and at 12 years old, I had a cyst to rupture. My GYN at that time became concerned that I might have PCO...More

Helpful Tips

Watch Columbus Blue Jackets vs New York Islanders Live Streaming Hockey 2014 Hd Video Online Tv
Welcome To Sports Fans Watch Columbus Blue Jackets vs New York Islanders Live Streaming NHL Hockey 2014 Season ICE Hockey Online Direct TV. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.