Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pcos and hpv
An_220502 posted:
i have pcos n high risk hpv, i was just wandering does the hpv effect anything to do with ttc?

fiannakyn responded:
As far as I know- HPV hs not been shown to cause problems with fertility.

You do need to keep up with Paps etc as fequent as your doc wants to do to catch it if it progresses to precancerous or other issues.
Vicky, Dx PCOS /IR in 2000 at age 23, on Metformin1500mg daily, 7th cycle on Clomid.

Taylove11 responded:
It shouldn't effect fertility unless there is a problem with the cervix. You may want to ask your doctor about the condition of your cervix, but other than that, I have never heard of it causing a problem with TTC.

The PCOS may cause a problem TTC though. Best of luck!
Taryn (22), DH (29), DD - 10 weeks. Dx with PCOS 3/09.

hollymarie86 replied to Taylove11's response:
thanks ill make sure to ask on my next appointment. got another question; since i have hpv will i have it forever or will my body get over it eventually???? my mother had to have a hysterectomy because of it when she was 33, i was just wandering if i had to look forward to that sometime down the line :(

fiannakyn replied to hollymarie86's response:
Very good question. and there is no real answer
HPV is a virius that stays in your body for life, but it can go dormant for long times and or even not even trigger the problems like what your mom had. Think of things like warts and cold sores. You could have a cold sore once in a blue moon, but you still have the virius in you. (both warts and cold sores are results from diffrent HPV strains). Or like in my case I had a wart when I was 8, and just the other day I noticed I was developing another one, 25 years later.

Really all you can do is keep an eye on things and you shouldnt have to go as far as what your mom had to do. The fact they were able to diagnose it early is a bonus on your side, I bet your mom didn't even know till she had problems.

You should have a more immediate concern with keeping the PCOS under control. read the post "for the young ones with PCOS" for my advice on that road. (regardless of your age)
Vicky, Dx PCOS /IR in 2000 at age 23, on Metformin1500mg daily, 7th cycle on Clomid.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im 22 and have been married for almost 2 years. We have wanted to get pregnant however with PCOS I havent had a period for 6 months. Im taking 1000mg ...More

Helpful Tips

ONLINE]]]-Real Madrid vs Barcelona live streaming online Copa del Rey mahabub.a2z133 is online.
Watch & Enjoy Live Streaming Real Madrid vs Barcelona Live Spanish Copa del Rey Soccer match online stream Tv, Watch your favorite team ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.