Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pcos symptoms??? haven't been dx yet
wanting2be posted:
I have all the symptoms of PCOS but my dr. is hesitant to dx me with it since he thinks that my increased amount of body hair is hereditary. All the women in my family have funky menstral cycles too. I had a baby almost 9 months ago and am breastfeeding so my cycles are just now returning. (Prior to having my son I had normal cycles that lasted 32 days with minimal cramping.) I had normal cycles in Oct and Nov but started bleeding in Dec just two weeks after my Nov period had ended. I was experiencing pain on my right side that was so intense I couldn't walk and would almost pass out! I ended up going to the ER where I was told I had a severe UTI and I was pregnant. How I became pregnant is still a mystery to me because dh and I use protection. The only time we hadn't was 3 days before my Nov. cycle. Anyway, I got put on high powered antibiotics to kick the UTI which I ended up having to take them for a total of 15 days because after the initial 10 days a urine test still showed blood in my urine. I had a d&c performed 4 days after my er trip since the ultrasound showed no heartbeat and blood test showed that my hormone levels where dropping. Then just a month after having the first attack of severe abd. pain, it happened again. I called my gyno and he said it was just because of having the d&c and that sometimes it takes a while to get back to normal. I think he's wrong. These are my symptoms as of this last attack: I've been bleeding for 13 days, the first day I started bleeding the pain on my right side was so intense I passed out several times, I have alot of pelvic pressure, alot of tugging sometimes stabbing pain, frequent bowel movements that hurt really bad, bowel movements are soft sometimes watery. I dont know what to do! I guess I just needed to get my story told to see if anyone could relate to it!

PS sorry this post is so long!

cl1234 responded:
I would go to the ER. Like, now.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi wanting2be,

You know your body better than anyone else so if you are having unexplained pain symptoms and your doctor is brushing it off, please seek a second opinion. As the other community member has said please get yourself to a hospital emergency room as it isn't possible to be diagnosed or treated over the internet.

Please write back and let us know how you are doing once you've seen a doctor.

Take care!

- Annie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was actually diagnosed with POSC in July 2010 after having put up with the symptoms for 7 years. I am currently in a serious relationship and have b...More

Helpful Tips

HBO 24/7: Bradley vs Pacquiao 2 Episode 2
watch Boxing match between Bradley vs Pacquiao welterweight Live online tv Get the best online sports coverage on the net directly on your ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.