Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS? No Health Insurance, What do I do?
LaceMatt0727 posted:
Hi, My name is Lacey. I am 24 and I am pretty sure I have PCOS. I had a doctor tell me in the past that they thought I did but I could not be off my birth control long enough for them to do the tests. I was in extreme pain if I was off of them. How do I find out if I have it and if so what treatment options do I have that are not prescription medicines. Someone please help me on this one.

Annie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi LaceMatt0727

The medications used to treat PCOS like Metformin are prescription medications so you do need to see a doctor in order to be prescribed it or any other prescription medication. I've put links to various PCOS and related articles in this board's announcemente area.

WebMD Moderator Byroney has put together a helpful list when you don't have health insurance and you can find it by clicking on this post on the Welcome Center board .

We also have a Health Insurance Navigator blog to help you wade through the topic of health insurance coverage.

Dr Evans on our Skin Problems and Treatments board also has a helpful post about health insurance, find it by clicking here .

I hope this information helps you. Won't you write back and let us know if you are able to see a doctor for help.

- Annie

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

Max Muscle Blast
If you want to boost over-all results of muscle building then using Max Muscle Blast is a better option for you. This is not only ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.