Skip to content
Feeling tired while on Met????
DJBJMB posted:
Hello Ladies, Im new to the community, but have had PCOS for years. I recently got off bcp so I could eventually start Clomid. Im suppose take Met, Im starting it back again, but does it make any one feel tired and have head aches?? Just wish I coould do this naturally,, any advice on met? or Naturally conceiving. Thanks

kmk15 responded:
Hey! Look up how to eat. That can make a huge difference in Metformin side affects AND how you feel. I have recently given up sodas, and been eating very little carbs and sugar. I lost 10lbs in two weeks. There is lots on the internet with advice for how to eat. I recently came across this book, and honestly I have NO idea whether it works, but the concept seems spot on. I am thinking of ordering it myself. The E-book version is lots cheaper than if you try to buy it on Amazon or something. http://www.ovarian-cysts-pcos.com/pcos-book-res.html

DJBJMB replied to kmk15's response:
Hey, Thanks for the advice. I will look up that on the net. If u dont mind me asking how much was you taking? Do u exercise? Do u plan on conceiving or just managing the weight/pcos. Again thanks

Jessi10909 responded:
A good friend of mine who also has PCOS tried Met, but stopped because it made her sick, then she tried provera/clomid cycles and that didn't work. She absolutely swears by a low-carb (or even better, no-carb) diet. She wasn't on any medication at all and went on the no-carb diet and got pregnant almost right away!
Dh (38) and I (24) have been TTC my 1st, his 3rd since January 2008. PCOS diagnosed March 2010, currenlty on Metformin 2000mg, Prenatal Vitamins, and 1200cal/day diet.

Jessi10909 replied to Jessi10909's response:
Fixed my signature!
On the Metformin front... I used to be on 2000mg a day, but my new doc dropped me down to 1000mg a day, which doesn't make me as sick. I am still VERY fatigued all the time. I have been taking a "Super B-Complex" vitamin and that seems to help.
Dh (38) and I (25) have been TTC my 1st, his 3rd since January 2008. PCOS diagnosed March 2010, currenlty on Metformin 1000mg, 12 day provera, then clomid.

DJBJMB replied to Jessi10909's response:
Thanks for the info. Looks like I see alot about "low carb" and vit b-12. Im going to get on board with both, and see what will happen. I been taking the met for a few days then Id skip a day due to being so tired. I just started a multi vit and folic acid it could b that thats helped with being tired. with doing NO CARBS.. what fruits or veggies would u be able to eat?? No carb scares me...lol Did your friend cont her diet thru pragnancy?? It s worth a try!! To get that BABY )

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me: I'm a wife and a mom. Why I came to WebMD: To become a better informed health consumer. I'm a baby boomer facing the same cha...More

Helpful Tips

Jessie Vargas vs Khabib Allakhverdiev Live Streaming HBO PPV Boxing Online
Desire to watch the Jessie Vargas vs Khabib Allakhverdiev combat when it takes site, regardless of the place they're located. There is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.