Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Still trying
JackieCastro3121 posted:
Hello everyone. Um I don't know where to start it has been such a long road for me. I have been diagnosed with pcos about 3 yrs now. I've been going to my reproductive endocrinologist. I have been on metformin for about a good 5 months with fertility drugs and I still have not got pregnant. The wierd part is that I'm ovulating with the pills but I still haven't got pregnant. My husband is perfectly fine.

Now she says that I have a whole bunch of cyst on both of my ovaries and she has diagnosed me with unexplained infertility. I just want to know if anyone out there has had a LAPAROSCOPIC SURGER??

fiannakyn responded:
A lap is quite often used for unexplained IF- she'll be checking to see if you might have Endo as well, the only way to dx it is by a lap surgery. A lap can also check to see if those cysts are dangerous, or if its just that your ovarian membrane is thick etc.

good luck!!!

BTW I thought i was ovulating on clomid but turned out my body was making fuctional cysts without the egg so I had all the hormones and the U/S was showing ovulation, it wasnt till I had a lap surgery that showed empty cysts.
Vicky, Dx PCOS /IR in 2000 at age 23, on Metformin 2000mg daily, 12 rounds of clomid resulted in NADA. moved on to adoption.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Currently diagnosed with PCOS. Devastated. Sad. Scared. Here for any words of comfort. Any advice on how to cope, I'd gladly accept with open arms...More

Helpful Tips

Max Muscle Blast
If you want to boost over-all results of muscle building then using Max Muscle Blast is a better option for you. This is not only ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.