Skip to content
PCOS and sharp shooting pains.
vhorta86 posted:
I have PCOS. I've had it for the last couple of years. It wasn't until recently that I looked for help. I was put on birth control and Metformin. I've noticed that I experienced some pain and discomfort. Sometimes its worse than others. At times, I get sharp shooting/stinging pains down there. They are not muscle spasms. I've spoken to my doctor about it. I just did a second ultrasound. I am waiting for my doctor to receive the images. Does anyone know what it could be? I didn't experience any of this before I was on birth control or Metformin.

curiousnmo responded:
I get sharp shooting pains in my right ovary.. I just recently started birth control back up and metformin and parlodel for three months. I went to the dr.. and all he said was something about an enlarged ovary. That's all he told me and gave me ibuprofen. It has happened a couple times but didn't last more than a week each time.. I just recently got diagnosed with pcos also. I also get sharp pains in my right side just below my ribs sometimes.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Currently diagnosed with PCOS. Devastated. Sad. Scared. Here for any words of comfort. Any advice on how to cope, I'd gladly accept with open arms...More

Helpful Tips

FReE## Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers live stream nhl watch free ,..///watch HD tv online.
Watch Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers live stream online Free HOCKEY Game Today. Don't miss Carolina Hurricanes vs Edmonton Oilers ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.