Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS and Pregnancy?
LaceMatt0727 posted:
Ok here's my problem. I have pcos. I haven't had a period since February of this year. I was curious if having polycystic could cause the pregnancy hormone to be decreased enough that it would not show up on a normal urine pregnancy test, thus giving a negative even though you are pregnant? Someone please help me on this one.

curiousnmo responded:
Have you been to the dr about this? I was just diagnosed with pcos a couple months ago after going to the dr because I didn't have my period for 4 months. I, for sure thought I was pregnant because we have been trying for over a year.. even though the tests were negative.. I found out that my prolactin levels in my brain are too high so it was causing me to not ovulate. So that's why I didn't have my period for so long..
good luck to you

Spotlight: Member Stories

Bonnie (22) DH (24) Dx with PCOS...After 18 months of TTC, we got a miracle BFP in March! Due 11/22/11, so blessed!

Helpful Tips

Max Muscle Blast
If you want to boost over-all results of muscle building then using Max Muscle Blast is a better option for you. This is not only ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.