Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
LIVING WITH PCOS SINCE 2010
MzPittman02 posted:
I HAVE HAS PCOS SINCE OCT 2010 AND I ALSO TAKE THE METFORMIN. I HAVE SOME SIDE OF EFFECTS FROM THE METFORMIN EVERY TIME MY DOSAGE IS CHANGED.. I AM EAGER TO TRY TO GET PREGO SOON. SINCE MY CHANCES OF GETTING PREGO GO DOWN EVERY YEAR SINCE I AM IN MY MID 30s... I FEEL AS IF I WILL NEVER GET THERE, WITH EVERY MONTH IS A DISAPPOINTMENT. I SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH MY 2 CHILDERN THAT I ALREADY HAVE BUT I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO HAVE A 3RD CHILD FOR SOMETIME NOW. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE WAY I DO?

britt0789 responded:
I know exactly how you feel. I found out i had PCOS when i was 15 years old and they found a blood clot in my Fallopian tube in which they also had to take out. Im 23 now and really anxious to start a family but i know that its going to be very hard for me since i have PCOS and because i only have one tube. I hope the best for you!

NyhLauni responded:
MzPittman02

I know exactly what you mean. I got diagnosed in 2010 and I only have 1 fallopian tube and also I have 2 kids but the disappointment month after month is killing me. I am really about t just give up but we want to expand our family really badly but I have lost all hope and evrything

jenny965 responded:
yes, im 22 years old and had pcos since i was 16 . i want a family have been trying for a year now and still nothing. i have 2-3 periods a month and my spouse is very patient but we hardly ever get to try . i dont know what to do . im on metformin and bc is the only thing that helps regulate my cycle some but since im trying to get pregnant obviously im not taking it.

ALNielsen responded:
I was diagnosed 2 months before getting pregnant with my first child. I took metformin throughout my pregnancy with no complications to myself or my daughter. She was completely healthy at 8 pounds. She now five and continues to be absolutely fine. I also stayed on my medication with my second child (now 9 months) with no problems. I gained more weight with the second, but am working that off now.
Suggestion: talk to your doctor about remaining on the medication and do your research. It was worth the risk for me.
I wish you all well!

MzPittman02 replied to NyhLauni's response:
I totally understand . But I did find out that I am ovulating just with the metformin and no need for other meds. Have you talked to your Dr? My youngest is 9 yrs old and still have been able to get pregnant yet!!! Like you some days I feel like giving up, but with the help with the medication and my Dr's help I hope to get pregnant before the end of the year. I wish you the best!

MLGammella replied to MzPittman02's response:
I was diagnosed at 15 with PCOS, and my Dr at the time told me I would probably never have kids. Fastforward a bit - my current dr tells me that even with PCOS I should be able to concieve. (talk about !!!!). Now I'm given this hope of finally having a child but nothing has happened yet (have been trying for the past year). I'm currently on metformin (not diabetic), but I have stopped my other meds for PCOS (BC and aldoctone). I may be starting Clomid soon.

Medicated my periods are like clockwork. Unmedicated, they still happen but are delayed. I am hoping something works. My husband and I really want a child of our own. There's always adoption, but God do I want to have my own.\

-Miranda

maragayle replied to MLGammella's response:
My experience has been very similar to yours. When I'm on birth control my periods are regular, down to to day. Take away the birth control, though, and I could never get a period. I started taking Metformin at the end of June when I was diagnosed with PCOS. I'm on 1000mg/day and have lost 14 pounds so far. My husband and I have been trying to conceive since July 2010. I go in for an HSG in the beginning of October, so I'm hoping for some good news for once. Semen analysis was normal.

Best wishes to you! Adoption is always an option,but SO expensive and stressful. There's something to be said about having at least one of your own. Hopefully this will be the case for all of us!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 24 and DH is 32, we have been ttc since we got married in October of 2009. My older sister had been diagnosed with PCOS and had her little girl i...More

Helpful Tips

Max Muscle Blast
If you want to boost over-all results of muscle building then using Max Muscle Blast is a better option for you. This is not only ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 6 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.