Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS-I want to go off Clomid and Prometrium
Dallas_ posted:
I was diagnosed with PCOS a year and a half ago. I have a soon to be 2 year old daughter, and it took 2 years to conceive her, with no help. After she was born things never got quite back to normal. My periods were close together and I bled for 3 weeks. I had an ultrasound and they found 16 cysts. Dr. checked my hormone levels and said my progesterone was on the low end of normal, but still in normal range. I was put on prometrium. I've had cysts rupture for years and had horrible pain but the cysts never showed up on the ultrasound before.

We're TTC again, been trying since December. I'm on my 3rd cycle of Clomid and am still taking prometrium. I can't deal with the ups and downs of the hormones anymore, and need a break from them, including the prometrium. Is there any chance my hormones would even out on their own? At the time I was diagnosed, I still had quite a bit of baby weight on, probably 30-40 pounds then. I have lost all that, so I'm not sure if that may have played a role. I've also had 2 cysts rupture since being on the Clomid.

Can I go off both meds and have the dr. do blood tests to see if things evened out? I have a dr. appt. scheduled in a month, I'm just trying to do some homework before I see her.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Watch Supercross 2014 Live Stream Online Rd 11 — Ford Field Detroit, MI (East) Date: Saturday, March 15, 2014 Main Event — 7:00PM Doors ...More

Helpful Tips

Watch Lyon vs Juventus Live Streaming Soccer Europa League - Quarter-finals Online Hd Video Tv
Hello Dear, Today Soccer Live: you are most welcome Lyon vs Juventus live streaming online free sports start today if you want to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.