Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Irregular Labs
Anon_176914 posted:
Hello,

I have PCOS and hypothyroidism and am on 25 mcg Synthroid and 1500 mg Metformin. After a routine physical, my labs came back slightly abnormal with low sodium, low chloride, and low BUN-to-creatinine ratio. Note: due to an issue with my pharmacy/insurance I had not taken the metformin for 1 1/2 weeks prior to when the labs were done.

Additionally I've had some bladder changes, dizziness, and abdominal pain, swelling and pain above my left hip/iliac crest area, for several months. My internist wasn't alarmed by the levels or symptoms and said I should have the labs redone in 3 months.

Would it be reasonable to push her to do more testing - if there is any testing to be done?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello my fellow cystas! I'm glad a community like this exists for women like us (thank you WebMD). I was diagnosed two weeks ago, for the second t...More

Helpful Tips

The Metformin Manifesto
This has been floating around a PCOS forum on a different site for years. I thought it would be good to pass on here. I DID NOT WRITE IT. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.