Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Failed IVF attempt...now trying to decide whats next...
SamanthaRae21 posted:
My husband and I are 24 and 26 and have been TTC for 1 1/2 years. We decided to try IVF last month and they retrieved 11 eggs and by day 5 transfer we only had 2 viable embies to transfer in. Sadly we got a a BFN 2 weeks later. We were devestated.

We have had all sorts of testing. I have been deemed normal besides having polycystic ovaries, but apparently I do not have PCOS. My labs came back normal besides a slighty over normal testosteron level and I have had normal periods my entire life. I also ovulate normally according to my progesteron test. My husband was perfect! So we are unexplained...which is SO irritating!

We are considering trying Follistism with a trigger shot and natural intercourse. A friend of mine did this and had success with it after 3 cycles and is now pregnant with twins.

I think the IVF may have been too invasive on my body and stressed it out too much. Im hoping this new method will be less stressfull on my body and mind and we will be able to relax a bit more.

Anyone had any expierence with this?

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello my fellow cystas! I'm glad a community like this exists for women like us (thank you WebMD). I was diagnosed two weeks ago, for the second t...More

Helpful Tips

The Metformin Manifesto
This has been floating around a PCOS forum on a different site for years. I thought it would be good to pass on here. I DID NOT WRITE IT. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.