Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS
cjkn2003 posted:
Hello, I believe i have pcos i mean all of the symptoms fit. i cant get rid oof my facial hair i get waxed every two weeks my entire face. my periods are irregular always have been, but when it does come its only a a discharge, that caueses major yeast infections. im 28 years old and i want children so bad that i have dreamed of what they will look like and i already have them named. however im scared to death because EEVERY WOMAN on my mthers side of the familt has had to have a complete historectomy by the time they were 34 due to ovarian cysts.
is there any help for this, that doesnt cost an arm and a leg i dont have insurance and im scared to death does anyone have any advice?

bdwitherite responded:
have seen 9 diff docs in the past 7 years i had symptoms before that....get yourself some ins even if you have to get medicaid and go see some docs.you might have to see a few of them before anyone gives you the answers you need, each one of the ones i saw didnt want to test me for anything, and tho they wanted to know the family history they were quick to dismiss it, they said things like, "its not hereditary or your too young to be tested for it" dont except those answers and you have rights as a patient, most people dont know that....you or your ins are paying the doctor for their time...dont let them dismiss you so quick, and dont be scared to ask them questions, you might get lucky and only have to see one doc or might have to see 9 like me but dont give up!!!
good luck

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I were married in 2000. We TTC in 2002, and I was diagnosed w/PCOS in 2003. I had one miscarriage in Feb 2003. I started taking Met in ...More

Helpful Tips

Timothy Bradley Jr vs Manny Pacquiao Live stream hbo ppv boxing online
watch Boxing match between Bradley vs Pacquiao welterweight Live online tv Get the best online sports coverage on the net directly on your ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.