Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Opinions (long and maybe some Triggs)
kaisonsmomma posted:
Hi, I am 25 and was diagnosed 6 years ago with PCOS as well as Endo while ttc. I under went Lap surgery to "clean me out" had all the other routine tests and completed 6 rounds of clomid which never worked for me 4 rounds of Femara and 2 IUIs failed and I still had no idea what PCOS was or what it entailed especially because I did NOT have classic symtoms. I was not obese my cycles were slighting irregular (monthly but occasionally they varied 5-7 days but always showed within a month or so) I did have increased facial hair and slight weight gain (10-12lbs). I did not ovulate at that time. I switched doctors 2 years ago( 4 years of ttc with no luck) and she put me on metformin. I concieved within 2 months. She didn't have me track anything for 3 months and if I didn't concieve she would have me bbt and OPK but I didn't need to because I was PG in the 2nd month. DH and I are wanting our second and the reason for my post is this. I had regular cycles after DS was born (much better than last time only varying 2-3 days at most) I usually get EWCM and "ovulation" pains but was told that Ovulation pains can be as simple as gas and not to even think twice about those pains... But once again we aren't getting pregnant. So DR put me back on metformin and evening primrose oil and tracking with OPKs. I had a positve OPK last cycle and was so excited but now I am reading that I STILL may not have ovulated because it can give false positives with PCOS.... But OB says not to worry I more than likely did and she didn't want to confirm by U/S because with the metformin she believes I did O. I don't know if I got false positives before because I never tracked by OPK only U/S. Do you all think given my history that I "probably" am ovulating and it was a true positve or should I get more aggressive with my doctor? Sorry this was so long but I desperatly need some advice and opinions!!!
Thank you!!!!

maragayle responded:
Try testing for a few days after you get your positive. If you're going to get false positives, you usually will have elevated levels of hormones for an extended period of time. Basically, you shouldn't get more than 2-3 positives in a cycle. If you really want to know for certain, ask about having blood work done to test for ovulation. I'm on Clomid, and on CD21 I go in for blood work to check progesterone levels. Based on the level, your doctor can tell whether or not you ovulate. If an u/s would make you feel better, insist on one next cycle!

I used the OPKs for 3 months. In all that time I never got a positive. Some women get them all the time, but if you're not getting them every day it sounds like you could actually be ovulating. Hope that helps!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2011. Its still very hard for me to digest. All I ever wanted was to be a mom, and the way things are going it does not l...More

Helpful Tips

WaTcH AMA Supercross Detroit 2014 live Streaming RD-11 Online HD Tv
WaTcH AMA Supercross Detroit 2014 live Streaming RD-11 Online HD TV WaTcH AMA Supercross 2014 live Detroit Streaming RD-11 Online HD TV ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.