Skip to content
Several Questions.
zoecleopatra posted:
I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago when I was 15 but besides giving me metformin my doctor has been very unhelpful. I had my period rarely 1-2 times a year although I went a year and a half after my first period without getting another. For the last 4-5 months I have been taking twice the dose of metformin she prescribes me ( yes I know I'm not supposed to but she wouldn't up me from the 1000mgs a day I have been taking for the last two years) anyway I've actually had a period every month for the last three months. Since I started having regular periods I've also had symptoms that seem like I'm hitting puberty again. I've grown about an inch (after not growing at all for the last 4 or 5 years), I've gone up a bra size, and I've had terrible acne outbreaks. Is this related to PCOS? I was wondering if maybe my puberty was partially delayed because of the PCOS? Does anybody have any insight?

Another question I have is about weight. The metformin has helped me stop gaining weight but it seems like no matter how healthily or how little I eat I can not seem to lose weight. I asked my doctor about byetta and she flat out refused to prescribe it because its off label. What is the next step? Is there anything that will help me lose weight? I am 5'6" amd weigh around 250 pounds, I really need to lose this weight but nothing seems to help and its making me miserable.

Take the Poll

Do you see an endochrinologist for your PCOS?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

Watch Supercross 2014 Live Stream Online Rd 11 — Ford Field Detroit, MI (East) Date: Saturday, March 15, 2014 Main Event — 7:00PM Doors ...More

Helpful Tips

SupplEmeNts to BuiLd Lean MusClE
The said has not everybody has to be one but to the extent that you can be one you're going to be healthy is that rightist's true and in ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.