Skip to content
Several Questions.
zoecleopatra posted:
I was diagnosed with PCOS 3 years ago when I was 15 but besides giving me metformin my doctor has been very unhelpful. I had my period rarely 1-2 times a year although I went a year and a half after my first period without getting another. For the last 4-5 months I have been taking twice the dose of metformin she prescribes me ( yes I know I'm not supposed to but she wouldn't up me from the 1000mgs a day I have been taking for the last two years) anyway I've actually had a period every month for the last three months. Since I started having regular periods I've also had symptoms that seem like I'm hitting puberty again. I've grown about an inch (after not growing at all for the last 4 or 5 years), I've gone up a bra size, and I've had terrible acne outbreaks. Is this related to PCOS? I was wondering if maybe my puberty was partially delayed because of the PCOS? Does anybody have any insight?

Another question I have is about weight. The metformin has helped me stop gaining weight but it seems like no matter how healthily or how little I eat I can not seem to lose weight. I asked my doctor about byetta and she flat out refused to prescribe it because its off label. What is the next step? Is there anything that will help me lose weight? I am 5'6" amd weigh around 250 pounds, I really need to lose this weight but nothing seems to help and its making me miserable.

Take the Poll

Do you see an endochrinologist for your PCOS?
  • Yes
  • No
View Poll Results

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with PCOS beginning of Jan. 2011. It's been an uphill battle for the past 6 months. I started my period when I was 11 or 12 and u...More

Helpful Tips

Max Muscle Blast
If you want to boost over-all results of muscle building then using Max Muscle Blast is a better option for you. This is not only ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 8 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.