Skip to content
Metformin after several Clomid failures
lexismommy211 posted:
Hi Ladies,
We have been ttc for almost two years. I am not overweight, but still have severe PCOS. I have only EVER had 7 menstrual cycles, usually once every 1 or 2 years. Never more than one period per year.
Anyway, last spring we tried 4 rounds of Clomid up to 150 mg and no mature follicles. Had to use Provera each cycle. After those failed attempts, I was put on Metformin (long term) and a birth control pill (five months) to regulate my period.
My body responds well the first month coming off the pill. The only times I have ever ovulated were the month after stopping the pill. The problem is after that first month, I stop ovulating and dont get any more periods. I am not one of those people who has to "wait to get regular" after coming off the pill....that is the only time my body works.
Last month I came off the pill and continued Metformin. I ovulated for the first time in 17 months, but did not get pregnant. I didnt ovulate until day 24, could that make a difference? We have sex every other day and my husband has good semen, so that is not the problem. I felt like this month was my only shot, but I got my period, so that is a miracle. No waiting around with Provera.
My doc started me back down at 50mg of Clomid this cycle, because she is so confident in the Metformin. My question is, now that I have been on Metformin for 6 months, could the Clomid work this time? Or, could Metformin make my cycles continue when I usually only get one once every 1-2 years? Anyone with no periods and failed attempts with Clomid have success with Metformin or Met/Clomid? Thanks so much!!!

P.S. I am not overweight, but I cut way down on sugar and eat mostly fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and plenty of Fiber and Protein.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 28 yrs old . i am have issues with pcos and abnormal bleeding plus i just found out that i am a diabetic but i really just want is to have a fam...More

Helpful Tips

FReE## Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers live stream nhl watch free ,..///watch HD tv online.
Watch Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers live stream online Free HOCKEY Game Today. Don't miss Carolina Hurricanes vs Edmonton Oilers ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.