Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help with depression?
morningeorgia posted:
Help! I've been ttc 4 years - miscarriage over 1 year ago. Lately I've been feeling so depressed and can hardly focus at work. This isn't the first time in 4 years, but I can't seem to talk my self out of this one. I feel like I can't keep trying, but I can't stop either. I'm so stressed. I don't know what to do about my depression so that I can function normally. What's worked for you?

P.S. I work for a very small company (4 people), and there's no one at work that would understand. They don't even really know what's going on. It's driving me crazy pretending like I'm normal!

CEB85 responded:
Hi Morningeorgia,

I'm just lurking from the TTC conceive with PCOS community and wanted to reply to your thread. I understand how depressing the entire thing can be. Its such an emotional roller coaster what we put ourselves through. There are times when I say I don't know how much more I can take, and then I immediately tell myself I will take as much as I have to for my future baby. Just last week I found out we had another failed attempt with IUI. And for me since I'm on injectables I always develop cysts so I always have to sit the following month out. Its so frustrating that one cycle ends up taking 2 months.
One of my Dr.'s told me about year ago that its OK to feel however I am feeling. I can be angry, depressed, sad, even jealous of others who are pregnant and its all ok and completely normal. This Dr. too had been through the same thing with his wife. For some reason hearing him say that really helped me.
I had m/c twins this past August and hit the worst depression of my life. I too couldn't focus or function at work. I could barely drag myself out of bed and would start crying out of nowhere. Still to this day I will cry for those babies I never got to meet. I have lost family members that meant the world to me but nothing could even come close to the hurt and pain I felt when I lost my babies. It was still early in the pregnancy but it still about killed me to lose them. It took a while but I eventually was able to pull myself out of my depression. I just tried to focus on continuing to ttc and know that eventually I will get there and hold my baby in my arms. I refuse to give up and am more determined than ever. Sometimes I feel like God is trying to hurt me and hold me back for some reason but I still refuse to give up.
I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time. Just know you're not alone and there are many people who understand your pain and are here for you.
If you would like you're welcome to stop by the TTC conceive with PCOS community. There are not a lot of us on there at the current time but its nice to have a few people who you get to know and help you through each cycle.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was actually diagnosed with POSC in July 2010 after having put up with the symptoms for 7 years. I am currently in a serious relationship and have b...More

Helpful Tips

TOPIC///-Everton vs Crystal Palace Live Stream Soccer Online England – Premier League HD TV
Are You Looking for exciting soccer? Looking for awesome soccer match with HD video on your pc and related others? Don't worry. It is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.