Skip to content
Calling all Ladies with PCOS...
jk5493 posted:
Well, I'm just about 19 and have had PCOS for.... gosh, 8 years? Anyhow, I'm sure I sound like a broken record when I say that my period is anything but normal! Am I right, or am I right? in 2009, I had my period from March until the end of November - everyday, all day, without fail. From February 2010 to current time, I've not had a period. Here lately, I've had A TON of cramping and I'm wondering if I need to get checked out by the health center on campus (college)? My doctor started me on Metformin a little over a month ago - I'm not insulin resistent and don't have diabetes, but she wanted to see if it might help my body to regulate itself a little. Needless to say, I have seen much of a difference except for an increase in cramps! Over the last 2 months I've had some scant spotting - not a lot...but, present nevertheless. I'd like to add that I am not sexually active - so, exclude anything pregnancy related.

Has anyone else gone through this or is anyone else currently going through this? I feel like 11 to 12 months without a period is a little much. In between the time that my long period from 2009 stopped to the time that my period completely stopped this past February, I only had 2 periods...so, I've really only had a couple of periods within the last couple of years. What should I do? I'm an uninsured, broke college gal! Should I just ride it out?

jk5493 responded:
I'd also like to add that I started my period when I was 9....so, my periods are just flat out irregular for goot - its not like when girls start their periods in their mid teens and it's irregular for a couple of years.

I eat healthy and am active.

The cramping just sucks! And, feeling like you need to start your period, but not being able to sucks as well! I'm always bloated and cramping. Am I alone?

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I have been together from 6 years. We got married in June of 2010. We enjoy spending time with eachother and family. I found out I was ...More

Helpful Tips

The Metformin Manifesto
This has been floating around a PCOS forum on a different site for years. I thought it would be good to pass on here. I DID NOT WRITE IT. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.