Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Confused
MrsBurt05 posted:
Hi there!
I went to the doctor a little over a week & a half ago because of this horrible, nasty skin break out that I've had for an entire 6 months. It was on my face, neck, shoulders, chest, and back. I tried every soap and face/body wash there was, even proactiv, and it didn't let up a bit. He put me on an antibiotic twice a day for the 1st 10 days, then a different one I take everyday for probably 6 months, but I'm supposed to check in with him every 2 months to see if it's working. I can already tell it's slowly getting better, but what's been on my mind is that when I go see him again in a month and a half, he wants to test for PCOS. I have always had regular periods before I got pregnant. I have 2 boys now, and before I got pregnant with them, my periods were "perfect." Lasted only 3 days, no cramps, it wasn't heavy, perfect 28 day cycles. After having my 1st son, I started getting cramps & it was heavier. After my 2nd son, they last 4-5 days, I have to wear super tampons with a pad, cramps are aweful, and if it wasn't for birth control, my cycles range 24-35 day cycles & sometimes I get it twice a month or it'll last even an entire week. The past 2 years I've been noticing at random times during my cycle, I get crampy, like AF is here, but she's not. If I know it's ovulation time, I chalk it up to that, but it happens at more random times, where it just can't be ovulation. There have been a handful of times where it got SO painful where I can't get out of bed, and it feels like my uterus is going to explode. One time DH wanted me to go to the ER because of it, but I was stubborn & didn't go. Today, I'm having that same thing. It came out of nowhere! DH & I were ttc baby #3 a couple months ago, but because of some unfortunate events, we have to put that on hold for awhile. I did OPKs and it did give me positive results 2 positive days in a row, then a negative day, then another positive day. I thought that was weird, but, I got a positive anyways. Well, no BFP. Now, back to the dr. saying he wants to test for PCOS. I'm SO confused. I'm 25, I have 2 children, I know I ovulate, I haven't had any problems with my uterus/ovaries before, and he suspects PCOS? I have to say, that about 2 years ago, I lost 35 of the 50 pounds I gained between both pregnancies, but ever since I've been put on BCP (& having some back issues for awhile) I gained 60 pounds in a year. I'm now doing something about this weight gain after I stepped on that scale in the dr's office because I did NOT realize I gained THAT much!!

So with all that being said, could it be possible I have PCOS all of a sudden? I didn't think of asking him if PCOS just pops up like that, because I was taken aback at his suggestion. I guess the #1 thing that kind of makes me go along with his suggestion is the random, painful cramping I'm getting out of nowhere? I don't know. I'm just totally confused with my body lately.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I got married July 24, 2010. We have a daughter who is 3 1/2 years old. We are TTC for a second time and have been trying for almost 1 ...More

Helpful Tips

TOPIC///-Everton vs Crystal Palace Live Stream Soccer Online England – Premier League HD TV
Are You Looking for exciting soccer? Looking for awesome soccer match with HD video on your pc and related others? Don't worry. It is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.