Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Now What?!
An_243991 posted:
I was diagnosed with PCOS about a year and a half ago.

I am not over weight, I have unwanted hair, I am slowly losing my hair, I am lucky when I have a day with energy, my period never ends (I bleed all the time, cramps off and on), and I have mild depression.

I have tried the birth control pills, the progesterone only birth control pill, and the depo shot.

The BC pills made me sick to my stomach and gave me awful headaches. Found out this is because my body makes more then enough estrogen and pills were pushing it too far.

The progesterone only BC pills did nothing, bad or good. I might as well not have been taking them.

The depo shot has given me a bit more energy and I feel better, but I am still bleeding all the time (maybe a few hours here and there I am not). And the first two weeks after I get the shot I feel like crud.

I was trying the PCOS diet and it was going pretty well until I got TMJ, for the last 2 months I have only been able to eat soup (I have always hated soup and hate it even more now). I can't eat anything that needs a lot of chewing or is hard to chew (for example a ham and cheese sandwich is too much). I just started PT for the TMJ today and it went well. But I am now struggling with the diet because my options are very limited.

I take a low dose pill and vit D for my depression and am currently on Spirlactone for hair issues, and get the depo shot every 3 months.

I am out of ideas.

I am currently in a Masters for Teaching Program which is very intense and am a day camp director and am teaching 2nd grade. So it would be really really nice to get the PCOS a little bit under control. I would love to have a few days were I am not bleeding! That would be oh so wonderful.

Do any of you have any ideas or advice?

I am working with my doctor, but the depo shot was the last drug option at the moment. I meet with my doctor in 2 months to talk about other options, but last time I met with her she didn't seem like she knew what we should do now.

I feel like a lost cause.

cnsjns08 responded:
I was just diagnosed with PCOS a couple days ago. My CNM mentioned Metfromin. And my cousin has it and she was about to be put on Clomid before she got pregnant with her son. Have you and your doctor discussed either of those options?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 20 year old college student living in the real world. I work and support myself except for my insurances. I've been bulimic for eight years...More

Helpful Tips

The Metformin Manifesto
This has been floating around a PCOS forum on a different site for years. I thought it would be good to pass on here. I DID NOT WRITE IT. ... More
Was this Helpful?
19 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.