PCOS and other diagnoses - They must be related!
CSS23 posted:
Hi!!

I am 22 and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19. I have been on birth control since I was 16 years old (and it masked my symptoms until I was 19 and tired of taking meds). Now, I am suffering from random things and I am determined to find the underlying cause of my problems. I am a senior in college, premed, and I am tired of doctors not looking at the overall picture when treating me.

I have:

Depression/anxiety
IBS
Jaw surgery because my jaw was growing to the side
Sleep apnea
Septal/adenoid surgery for sleep apnea
Nightmares every single night
Exhausted all the time - I could sleep forever if I had the time
Decreased concentration
Joint pain, always cracking and stuff!
Lower back pain
Knee pain
weight gain
Random stomach pain after eating sometimes.

I probably forgot something.

What else do you all have besides PCOS and have any treatments helped??

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I hope you can find some answers to your health issues. I have PCOS and several other things that you mentioned.

In addition to PCOS, I have:

sleep apnea
exhaustion
upper back pain
weight gain
knee pain
acid reflux
asthma
migraines
allergies

Hope this helps!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
I forgot to mention treating PCOS. I haven't done anything really to address the PCOS, but because my husband and I were trying to have a baby, we did IVF and are pregnant with twins.

My biggest issue with PCOS is that I don't ovulate on my own. My RE put me on Metformin for fertility reasons, but my blood sugar is normal.

After I have the babies, my OB/GYN thinks that some of my issues might resolve. If not, I'll look at my options. I don't have the facial hair that my sister has. Her PCOS is way worse than mine.

CSS23 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Congratulations!! You must be so excited to be having twins.

Thanks for your response and good luck!