Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
PCOS and other diagnoses - They must be related!
CSS23 posted:
Hi!!

I am 22 and I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 19. I have been on birth control since I was 16 years old (and it masked my symptoms until I was 19 and tired of taking meds). Now, I am suffering from random things and I am determined to find the underlying cause of my problems. I am a senior in college, premed, and I am tired of doctors not looking at the overall picture when treating me.

I have:

Depression/anxiety
IBS
Jaw surgery because my jaw was growing to the side
Sleep apnea
Septal/adenoid surgery for sleep apnea
Nightmares every single night
Exhausted all the time - I could sleep forever if I had the time
Decreased concentration
Joint pain, always cracking and stuff!
Lower back pain
Knee pain
weight gain
Random stomach pain after eating sometimes.

I probably forgot something.

What else do you all have besides PCOS and have any treatments helped??

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
I hope you can find some answers to your health issues. I have PCOS and several other things that you mentioned.

In addition to PCOS, I have:

sleep apnea
exhaustion
upper back pain
weight gain
knee pain
acid reflux
asthma
migraines
allergies

Hope this helps!

FrenchBulldogMom replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
I forgot to mention treating PCOS. I haven't done anything really to address the PCOS, but because my husband and I were trying to have a baby, we did IVF and are pregnant with twins.

My biggest issue with PCOS is that I don't ovulate on my own. My RE put me on Metformin for fertility reasons, but my blood sugar is normal.

After I have the babies, my OB/GYN thinks that some of my issues might resolve. If not, I'll look at my options. I don't have the facial hair that my sister has. Her PCOS is way worse than mine.

CSS23 replied to FrenchBulldogMom's response:
Congratulations!! You must be so excited to be having twins.

Thanks for your response and good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 23 years old. Have been married a year and a half. We have been trying to conceive for about 5 months, until finally I convinced myself I have PC...More

Helpful Tips

Watch Columbus Blue Jackets vs New York Islanders Live Streaming Hockey 2014 Hd Video Online Tv
Welcome To Sports Fans Watch Columbus Blue Jackets vs New York Islanders Live Streaming NHL Hockey 2014 Season ICE Hockey Online Direct TV. ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.