Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
NO periods, is this a problem
An_244637 posted:
I could take birth control pills to get my period. Is there a problem if I don't want to? Will something bad happen if I don't make myself have a period? BC pills cost me a lot around 50 plus dollars a month.

Take the Poll

If you have polycystic ovaries and are not getting a period, what would you do?
  • Take the birth control pill
  • Do nothing
  • Something else
vote
View Poll Results

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
Before I started my infertility treatments, I didn't have my period regularly. This caused the lining in my uterus to build up. I had to have 2 surgeries to remove uterine polyps and scrape my lining before my husband and I could proceed with IVF.

Talk to your doctor about your options. You don't want to go without having your cycle regulated or the tissue doesn't shed, but is building up.

cjd1987 responded:
Hi! I am almost 25 and I was diagnosed with pcos at 17. I had airregular period for quite a while and then went to the doctor to have tests run and the diagnoses was pcos and I was prescribed birthd control pills to regulate my period cycle and I was taking them for a couple of years and then decided to stop taking them and I was still getting my period only about once a year and now for the past 3 years I haven't had any periods at all and I am going to the doctor to discuss other medication options. So my advice to you would be talk with your doctor and ask them what they think! There are a few ways to regulate periods in people with pcos just ask the doctor about it! Also depending on your insurance you might not have to pay for the pills! I didn't have to pay for the prescription! I hope this helps you some! Sorry I could give you more information! Good luck to you!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 28 yrs old . i am have issues with pcos and abnormal bleeding plus i just found out that i am a diabetic but i really just want is to have a fam...More

Helpful Tips

Watch Lyon vs Juventus Live Streaming Soccer Europa League - Quarter-finals Online Hd Video Tv
Hello Dear, Today Soccer Live: you are most welcome Lyon vs Juventus live streaming online free sports start today if you want to watch ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.