Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Period for 3weeks & now dizzy 24/7
Ajzelaya2007 posted:
I have Pcos I been on my period for 3 weeks but now the past 3 days I been very dizzy it gets worst while standing very tired and not eat as I eat usually and my feet get swollen at times. I can't go to the doctor till next week but this has never happend to me I feel very weird the first day I passed out twice I had periods that has lasted 3 months and this never happened before. Will it be that I need iron?

cahDavid responded:
dizziness, fatigue, fainting or passing out are maybe due to bleeding (your period for 3 weeks).. whenever i have my period i often take iron (Ferrous Sulfate) to aid the feeling of dizziness and fatigue. I take iron because my body is losing blood that normal.

girl, i suffer symptoms like you do. what i do is to have a lot of rest, take iron supplements, iron rich foods, avoid drinking coffee, tea and ingesting antacids, because they decrease iron absorption. And see my doctor.

go girl.get well soon.
LOVE : CAH

natseliska responded:
You need to do a blood test to find out your haemoglobin count.
Since you had the periods for 3 week, the tiredness and dizziness will be because of the blood loss.

PCOD is a chronic problem you should find out a long lasting solution.

Natural/traditional medicines work wonders in such cases.Increase your fluid intake especially fruit juices.

Get well soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I began menstration very early (10 years old) and at 12 years old, I had a cyst to rupture. My GYN at that time became concerned that I might have PCO...More

Helpful Tips

TOPIC///-Everton vs Crystal Palace Live Stream Soccer Online England – Premier League HD TV
Are You Looking for exciting soccer? Looking for awesome soccer match with HD video on your pc and related others? Don't worry. It is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.