Skip to content
newly dx needing advice
ahsportygurl21 posted:
Hi, Im 23yrs old me and my husband have been TTC for 9months now. I have been battling PCOS symptoms for sometime and went un dx. They blamed it on hypothyroidism which i have had since my teens. Today i had my first appointment with a new MD. I had a pelivc uultrasound and lab drawn. On both ovaries multi unmature follicles were present. MD showed me pic of what the follicles should look like. He says we will see what blood work shows for the treatment plan but suspects we will try Clomid. I will find out next week. Once we have that it will be a waiting game for AF. My cycles have been around 40 to 46 days. I have a feeling my insulin levels and fasting glucose will also be high. So im expecting Metformin. Is metformin something you take for the rest of your life? I wanna hear your storys ladys! So nervous but excited to get this going!! really wanting a baby.

FrenchBulldogMom responded:
When I started going to my RE, they tested my blood glucose. It wasn't high, but it also wasn't as low as they like it to be. My doctor explained that he sees higher success rates when the glucose levels are on the lower side. He prescribed 750mg of Metformin XR taken 2 a day. I started taking it 1 1/2 years ago and when I got my bfp, he and my regular OB decided that I should stay on it until my twins are born.

I'll probably get to stop taking it if my glucose levels are in the normal range after my babies are born, but I'll probably have to be re-tested for them to be sure.

The extended release of Metformin is usually better tolerated than the immediate release, but it made me sick for over a month, until my body got used to it. The nurse practitioner at my RE's office told me that eating simple carbs will make the digestive side effects worse. I had to change to brown bread and cut back on other simple carbs like white rice, bread, and potatoes. It helped me a lot.

I'm glad that you're so excited about getting started. I'm sending lots of baby dust your way!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Where o where do I even start... First off my husband & I have been married for almost 5 years and Have an amzing little boy who will be 3 in octo...More

Helpful Tips

CLICK//You are most welcome to Charlotte Bobcats vs Philadelphia 76ers live stream NBA Basketball online free NBA Basketball start today if you want to watch this match you must be
Charlotte Bobcats vs Philadelphia 76ers live stream NBA Basketball on your PC. Charlotte Bobcats vs Philadelphia 76ers live time is Monday, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.