Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just diagnoised with PCOS...ttc
beccarn09 posted:
Hello...I am 26 years old. I was on Birth control for 8 years. Me and my husband were married in November. I stopped my birth control in November and have never had a period since. Went to Gyne/Ob dr about 2 months ago. She gave me Provera. And I had my thyroid checked and a hormone level checked. All labs came back ok. But no period with Provera. Last week I went back to OB and she gave me another round of Provera and then I had an ultrasound. Got results yesterday and she told me I have PCOS. I was in complete shock,. I am not over weight (actually told to gain 10 pounds) and have no facial/body hair issues and no other health problems. Has anyone had this happen to them?? I started a second round of Provera last week and waiting to see if my period comes. Nothing yet.I feel very nervous anxious scared...We really want to have children and I think I am scared because everyone seems to have a lot of problems getting pregnant with PCOS.

bnwhitehead responded:
Hi! I was just diagnosed with PCOS in November. My husband and I had been trying for a year and I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound and thats when we found out. I do not have the typical symptoms of PCOS. Not overweight, no facial hair. I've had ovarian drilling done in January and started Metformin and Clomid in February. I am now on 1000mg of Metformin and 150 mg of Clomid. Its very frustrating and disappointing but we are very hopeful. I hope that this may help you in some way. Good Luck!

bnwhitehead replied to bnwhitehead's response:
Forgot to mention that we have one healthy 5 year old and had him with no problems..Keep your head up and don't let it get you down.

kam20 responded:
Hi I am 24 I have PCOS as well but you could never tell. I didnt have any extra hair or body weight to be honest depovera mess me up. I think you will be fine the samethings you are experiencing I have as well you will need to have a lot of patience!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 20 year old college student living in the real world. I work and support myself except for my insurances. I've been bulimic for eight years...More

Helpful Tips

WaTcH AMA Supercross Detroit 2014 live Streaming RD-11 Online HD Tv
WaTcH AMA Supercross Detroit 2014 live Streaming RD-11 Online HD TV WaTcH AMA Supercross 2014 live Detroit Streaming RD-11 Online HD TV ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.