Just diagnoised with PCOS...ttc
beccarn09 posted:
Hello...I am 26 years old. I was on Birth control for 8 years. Me and my husband were married in November. I stopped my birth control in November and have never had a period since. Went to Gyne/Ob dr about 2 months ago. She gave me Provera. And I had my thyroid checked and a hormone level checked. All labs came back ok. But no period with Provera. Last week I went back to OB and she gave me another round of Provera and then I had an ultrasound. Got results yesterday and she told me I have PCOS. I was in complete shock,. I am not over weight (actually told to gain 10 pounds) and have no facial/body hair issues and no other health problems. Has anyone had this happen to them?? I started a second round of Provera last week and waiting to see if my period comes. Nothing yet.I feel very nervous anxious scared...We really want to have children and I think I am scared because everyone seems to have a lot of problems getting pregnant with PCOS.

bnwhitehead responded:
Hi! I was just diagnosed with PCOS in November. My husband and I had been trying for a year and I went to the doctor and had an ultrasound and thats when we found out. I do not have the typical symptoms of PCOS. Not overweight, no facial hair. I've had ovarian drilling done in January and started Metformin and Clomid in February. I am now on 1000mg of Metformin and 150 mg of Clomid. Its very frustrating and disappointing but we are very hopeful. I hope that this may help you in some way. Good Luck!

bnwhitehead replied to bnwhitehead's response:
Forgot to mention that we have one healthy 5 year old and had him with no problems..Keep your head up and don't let it get you down.

kam20 responded:
Hi I am 24 I have PCOS as well but you could never tell. I didnt have any extra hair or body weight to be honest depovera mess me up. I think you will be fine the samethings you are experiencing I have as well you will need to have a lot of patience!!!