Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
i think i have PCOS
MorganANderson posted:
hi, im 17 years old. when i started my periods i only had them every 4 months. then when i because sexually active consistently i got them every month on time, now my periods are late every month and the only time i get them is if i have sex. im really confused, when i went to my gynecologist she said just too lose weight and then come back but i dont think thats the problem. i have hair on my chest and chin that grows really fast and is visible if i dont shave every day. im only 17 this shouldnt be happening to me. if anyone has any advice i would really appreciate it.

PCOS112 responded:
I'm no expert on this but I was just diagnosed with PCOS. I got my period when I was 13 and never got it again. Im 16 now and get it because of the hormone pills my gynecologist put me on. I'm not extremely sure but it does kind of sound like PCOS. But what your gynecologist said was right. Losing weight might help diminish any period problems. And if you dont mind my asking, do you have any unusual darkness on the crevice of your neck? It's one of the side effects of PCOS and I have it.

Like I said, I'm no expert but I hope I helped in someway

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 30 yr old woman, that has had pcos since probly about the age of 18. I have never had a menstration on my own, and now I have gained a lot of w...More

Helpful Tips

WaTcH AMA Supercross Detroit 2014 live Streaming RD-11 Online HD Tv
WaTcH AMA Supercross Detroit 2014 live Streaming RD-11 Online HD TV WaTcH AMA Supercross 2014 live Detroit Streaming RD-11 Online HD TV ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.